Monday, February 20, 2006

And The Award For The Best British Male Goes To...

...sigh...Who decided that then?

Anyway, it was good to see a grafter in my, er, age group (more or less) get an award. Well done, KT. (Woo-Hoo! etc.) I don't know her. I don't own her record. I might buy it now and not pretend it's for someone else. I can't be arsed to be snobby about her. She seems like a genuinely nice person; no - she is a nice person. I can tell. I bet she'd never hang out with Lady Victoria Hervey and Michael Winner at polo matches, eating fox-face canapes.

Who else? Well, the winner of the Mastercard (!?!) British Album was - OH, WHO CARES?

In an attempt to freshen my ears, I travelled through computer space and visited an internet radio station I found out about a couple of weeks ago, and I've not been off it since. It's called Last FM, and it's free. You probably know all this already. You just go on, type in a band or type of music you're interested in (like Camera Obscura, just for example of course) and it plays you a selection of tunes in that vein. It's a bit like listening to a great big mixtape. Generated by machines. Because you have no friends.

Anyway, click on the link above and explore for yourself. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. It's beautiful, it's true.

Bye
Kenny
(aka Mr. Potato Head, I discovered recently)

3 Comments:

Blogger SmeatonTwoVeg said...

last.fm is genius. if you listen to music on your computer, it monitors what you're playing and recommends new bands to you.

oh, the wonder!

10:15 am  
Blogger Priscilla said...

last.fm is the BEST, that's how I cure my musical boredom.

4:59 am  
Blogger cameraobscura said...

Oi Kennetheth
Don't try and tarnish the reputations of the rest of the band just because you've fallen for the charming smile of KT (there, isn't that reason enough to hate her). Away and listen to some AC/DC
c.

11:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home